Friday, November 17, 2006

Welcome to Hell...

November 16, 2006

By Layla Anwar


I can't keep up anymore . I have lost track of the numbers , I have forgotten how to count.

My mind is saturated with figures in the hundreds, thousands ....
I am not even capable of sentences . I just have words zooming in my mind as fast as light

Death squads, killings , kidnapping, abductions , fleeing ,exodus , desertions,torture, disappearances,funerals ...

I can't even look or see only to have flashes , images pop up , blinding me in their intensity.

Hooded heads ,rape , sodomy , bullet holes, debris, rubbles , ruins , acid, drills in skulls, eyes plucked out, bruises, chains, blood, torn flesh, bowels , brains, ears cut off ,genitals electrocuted and hacked ...
And every time I try to inhale , I can only smell burnt flesh , excrements, fumes, dust, sewage, decomposing bodies, rotting corpses...
I can't even listen without hearing sounds of explosions , shootings, bombs , mortar attacks, cries, lamentations, wailing, screeches of agony and screams of pain ...

And everytime I try to swallow , there is that sharp bitter caustic taste in my mouth that consumes me like Fire .

There is nothing but Death , Destruction and Grief around me .
Welcome to Iraq, Welcome to Hell .

http://arabwomanblues.blogspot.com/2006/11/welcome-to-hell.html

No comments: