Thursday, March 8, 2007

Video: Interview with child taken by Israeli Army as human shield

Video: Interview with child taken as human shield in Nablus
Video, Research Journalism Initiative and A-Films, 7 March 2007

On 28 February 2007, during the Israeli invasion of Nablus, the IOF kidnapped 11-year-old Jihan Tahdush from her home in the Old City of Nablus. She was used as a human shield while Israeli forces conducted door-to-door searches in the Old City. Jihan says of the incident: "They gave me biscuits to persuade me to talk to them, but I didn't tell them anything. When I brought them to the house they told me not to be afraid because they were with me. When I asked to go back to my mom, they said, 'We have to keep you a bit longer.'" This video-interview was produced by the Research Journalism Initiative and the Anarchist Film Collective "A-Films".

Related Links
  • BY TOPIC: Israel Attacks Nablus: "Operation Hot Winter" (25 February 200

  • ---
    This short interview was conducted in the aftermath of the Israeli Occupation Forces' operation "Hot Winter" in the West Bank city of Nablus.

    The 11-years-old girl Jihan Tahdush was kidnapped by IOF troops and repeatedly forced to serve as a human shield for soldiers in their house-to-house searches in the Old City.

    The full interview in better quality can be downloaded at:
    https://video.indymedia.org/en/2007/03/7 67.shtml

    This short clip is a co-production of a-films and RJI. The authors can be contacted at a-films@no-log.org and ripplescross@yahoo.com.

    No comments: