Palestinian Centre for Human Rights
Weekly Report: On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
22 – 28 February 2007
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Escalate Attacks on Palestinian Civilians and Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
· 4 Palestinian were killed by IOF in the West Bank.
· 3 of the victims were extra-judicially executed by IOF in Jenin.
· 28 Palestinian civilians, including two journalists, 4 children and 4 women, were wounded by IOF gunfire.
· IOF attacked an Italian cinema crew in Hebron.
· IOF conducted 43 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
· IOF launched a wide scale military campaign on Nablus.
· IOF arrested 55 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children.
· IOF arrested a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council in Hebron.
· Israeli settlers have continued attacks Palestinian civilians and property in the OPT.
· IOF demolished 3 agricultural facilities in Hebron.
· IOF confiscated 199 donums  of agricultural land in Jenin to establish a settler road
· IOF have continued to impose a total siege on the OPT.
· IOF have operated Erez crossing as an international crossing point.
· IOF positioned at various checkpoints in the West Bank arrested 5 Palestinian civilians, including two children.
· The Gaza Strip has suffered from shortages in fuels and basic goods.
|Weekly Report: On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied || |
22 - 28 February 2007
On Monday, 26 February 2007, an IOF sniper shot dead ‘Anan Mohammed al-Teebi, 42, with a bullet to the neck, and wounded his son, 24-year-old Ashraf, with a bullet to the hand, when he attempted to offer help to his father. The victim was on the roof of his house in the old town, when the IOF sniper shot him. (22- 28 February 2007)