Thursday, December 21, 2006

Facing foreclosure: Casey Serin not in jail (yet), just hiding out as his life unravels

Thursday, December 21, 2006
UPDATE

Poor kid, it's all falling apart now. Maybe jail would be an improvement? But where are the Feds? Just too busy to care about mortgage fraud I guess..

Anyone want to guess the over/under for when Casey does get the big knock on the door? My guess: April 2007. I guess the banks have to file a complaint first?

My advice for Casey: file bankruptcy, turn yourself in, go States Evidence, write your bestseller book, and live the American Dream - Ring Up Massive Debt and Don't Pay It Back!

Here's his update:Avoiding Stress = More StressI’ve been a little out of it last couple of days.After coming back home to Sacramento on Monday I was feeling very overwhelmed by the “reality” that was/is waiting for me:…* still facing foreclosure on 4 houses…* well over $150K of unsecured debt…* decision to file bankruptcy or not to file bankruptcy…* uncertain job situation… utah mortgage issues…* lack of discipline and lack of progress on December goals…* being too distracted to do any more real estate deals…* serious marriage issues…* oh and on top of all that my laptop died!So I kind of hid from the world for a couple of days. No cell phone, no email, no blogging, no comments.

posted by keith at 7:55 AM

---

From Casey:

December 20th, 2006
Avoiding Stress = More Stress

I’ve been a little out of it last couple of days.

After coming back home to Sacramento on Monday I was feeling very overwhelmed by the “reality” that was/is waiting for me:… still facing foreclosure on 4 houses… well over $150K of unsecured debt… decision to file bankruptcy or not to file bankruptcy… uncertain job situation… utah mortgage issues… lack of discipline and lack of progress on December goals… being too distracted to do any more real estate deals… serious marriage issues… oh and on top of all that my laptop died!

So I kind of hid from the world for a couple of days. No cell phone, no email, no blogging, no comments.

The problem is that I can’t take a guilt-free break. The fires are are ranging all around me. I can’t just pretend everything is OK and hide from my responsibilities.

Now I have over 250 email to answer, over 200 comments to moderate, 25 voice mails to return and a huge pile of mail to sort. I hope there are no emergencies that I ignored by staying unplugged. The unknown dangers eat at me every minute and sabotage any hope for any down time.

Avoiding the stress of dealing with problems causes even more stress and more problems.
(It’s time to face reality…)

19 Interesting CommentsFiled under other


Casey Serin: I'm a 24 yr old real estate investor from Sacramento CA. After going to a few seminars I bought 8 houses in 8 months in 4 states with no money down looking to fix 'n flip. I made some mistakes and fell flat on my face with millions in debt and facing foreclosure. Trying to avoid foreclosure, sell quickly, repay everyone, and blog my lessons to help others in trouble. Comments welcome!

Email CaseyView All Entries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After tiring myself out trying to figure out what the heck this dude Casey Serin is actually up to, I finally found a place that catalogs his activities, history, associations, and purpose.

The site bills itself as "the leading semi-satirical wiki about foreclosure blogs", and I'd say that's accurate, given the predictably rather vertical market for "semi-satirical wikis on the topic of foreclosure blogs." Still, it's a good read.

Address:
www.caseypedia.com/

Hotlink:
Casey Serin